Click on a category to filter your selection
Douglas Shire Sustainability Group
Objectives of DSSG:
- To promote the preservation and conservation of the unique environment with the Douglas Shire and its surrounds.
- To promote the preservation and conservation of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- To promote and encourage the adoption of the principles of ecologically sustainable development to all sectors of the community throughout the Douglas Shire.
- To promote the education and environmental awareness of visitors and residents of the Douglas Shire in support of environmentally sustainable practices.
- To recognise and promote the sustainable practices of the Traditional Owners of the Douglas Shire.
- To establish a public fund which can be used to promote any of these objectives.
Click on the link for DSSG's website.